Musing Monday is hosted over at Should Be Reading.
Musing Mondays asks you to muse about one of the following each week…
• Describe one of your reading habits.
• Tell us what book(s) you recently bought for yourself or someone else, and why you chose that/those book(s).
• Tell us what you’re reading right now — what you think of it, so far; why you chose it; what you are (or, aren’t) enjoying it.
• Do you have a bookish rant? Something about books or reading (or the industry) that gets your ire up? Share it with us!
• Instead of the above questions, maybe you just want to ramble on about something else pertaining to books — let’s hear it, then!
I am going to highlight a book I am reading again this week because well I can! I am reading Burned by P.C and Kristin Cast, a House of Night Novel.
I am only 10 pages in but I am really enjoying it so far. It has been well over a year since I read my last House of Night Novel, but I have been able to fall in comfortably again with the characters. I needed to refresh myself a little on the situation with Kalona but I am perfectly happy after I did. This may be a Young Adult series but it is really gripping and can hold an Adults attention well I feel.
I suppose the fact that I have had this book for well over a year brings up another habit of mine. When I a series and end up liking it I feel like I have to have the whole series before I can read the next ones. However once I have all of the books I tend to read them slowly. I like to savor them slowly and okay I admit it I worry I will run out of the author does not publish more in the series and then I don’t get to spend more time with the characters. That said I think there are 2 or maybe even 3 books from the House of Night series I do not yet have that come after the one I am reading now. Whoopsy I am slacking!